I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.03.2006

She must be official now

I finally ordered the baby announcements. So I guess Jordan is official now.

We took her to her first doctor's appointment today. She's 7 pounds 5 ounces -- not a bad weight loss from her birthday... That puts her in the 30th percentile for weight. Her head circumfrence was 35 1/2 centimeters - 50th percentile. Her height is also in the 50th percentile.

Jordan got a couple of visits today... And was incredibly good and calm with everyone. It's amazing how calm she is. There's a little period of time in the evening when she gets all cranky, but that's about it.

My big challenge right now: breastfeeding. I'm very sore. I won't get into the details, but my mom and I spent the day looking for solutions to my pain so I can establish a good milk supply and not cry every time I feed the girl. It's tricky. But I remember having similar challenges at the beginning with Cam... And we ended up very healthy and happy.

No comments: