I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.04.2006

Is this kid for real?


I actually slept between 12:30am and 5:30am this morning.

I feel kind of normal today. I realize Cam slept like this as well. But it seems strange for another kid who is so calm.

Jordan's little cord stump fell off yesterday... So today we'll give her the big first bath.

Right after Jordan was born, I started surfing the web to learn more about ABS. I've never heard of it before. So imagine my surprise when my baby is born without an arm without any warning. I got onto a community group on Yahoo to meet other parents who have been there, done that. I was reading a posting by a mom whose three-year-old son started asking why he has one hand when all of the other boys have two. And I finally cracked for the first time. I haven't needed to cry for Jordan's loss before. But it hit me and I was finally sad.

Cameron hasn't even noticed Jordan's missing left hand. It's amazing. Yesterday I got her dressed in front of Cam to see if he'd say anything. All he could say was: "I like her hair." Very sweet. So when Randy sent Cam to school with a photo album of pictures, he took out the picture of Jordan's arm. Randy had a good point - he doesn't need some kid in school pointing it out to him, he deserves to figure this one out with us.

No comments: