I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.17.2006

Newsroom Day



Jordan was just hanging out with her Daddy... When she got upset and hungry just as I was going to take a sweet picture of Daddy and daughter. It turned into a picture of the cry babies. Very funny.

Anyway... I took Jordan to work today. I set up training for our website and that had me in the newsroom conference room from 9am until 2pm. Jordan slept through the entire first training session... I think she was stimulated too much by students and co-workers who wanted to meet her to fall back asleep immediately before the second session. So I just fed her while I taught... That wasn't too bad. And since the class was four women, I didn't think they'd mind me feeding her.

I love bringing Jordan into the newsroom so many students can finally meet her... But I don't know who knows and who doesn't know about her missing arm. It's not who she is... But I don't want a conversation with an insensitive person who asks me what's wrong with her... And I don't want whispering. I just want it known. She really is so perfect... A little cherub with one arm and one angel wing.

I got her home and fed her a couple of times, but didn't get a nap in before Csm came home. I feel terrible... I fell asleep bwfore dinner... And woke just before Cam's bedtime. I helped tuck him in... But I feel like I missed my Cam time today.

Jordan is now happily fed and sleeping in my arms.

No comments: