I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.05.2006

Bath day!




Jordan got her first bath today -- the cord fell off yesterday. So after Cam got his bath, he helped me bathe his sister. As she was undressed his time, he quickly noticed she didn't have a hand. He asked what was wrong with his sister and if her hand would grow. He told me he was sad she didn't have a hand. But Randy and I told him that she could use his help and she's going to be just fine with one hand. His job as a big brother will be extra helpful for her! He seemed okay with that. We let him touch her arm and try to understand that she's fine. After our talk, he was a good helper... Kind of. He really wanted my Mom to take pictures of his Buzz Lightyear, not Jordan.

Jordan did really well with the bath. She cried, but was calm during most of the bath. The moment she got dry and warm, she was calm and happy. We dressed her up in her new frog outfit. Yes. Those are frogs on her clothes. I'm actually warming up to pink outfits... she's kind of cute in pink. (I know, it's shocking)

No comments: