I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.10.2006

Newsroom visit



Before I go into what happened today... I have to explain what is happening in my house right now. Randy is dancing around in a very silly way trying to get Jordan to burp. And it worked. Now he's telling her she's too young for earings and a belly piercing while Dudley hangs out with them on the floor.

Anyway... I was feeling bold and strong this morning. Jordan gave me 4 straight hours of sleep and a few more after that. Randy got Cam set up with his breakfast before he left for work... And then he woke me. I got to spend a little time with Cam at the breakfast table. Then I got Jordan dressed and fed and placed in the car seat.

Then the day's tone changed.

Just as I pulled the car seat out of the stroller shell that we've been keeping in the house (don't ask)... the latch on the car seat broke off. My well planed day was over. I was panicked... How do I take Cam to school with a car seat that doesn't work. I called Randy when sanity cleared my brain and reminded me that the car seat will work with a basic car seat strap... It doesn't have to have the base. So for the temporary time, I could just use the seat belt until I got a new car seat.

So we got Cam to school before circle time. Cam's teacher Ms. Suzy's daughter was in labor... very exciting. Jordan got to see some teachers and I set up her first day at school: March 27th.

So, then we went to the station for the first time! Jordan got to meet a bunch of people and woo them with her girlish charms. I had to feed her while I was there, so I surfed the web for car seats... They ain't cheap. So I decided I'd go to a store to look at what was available in town.

We get to the store and I find this awesome car seat. It's girlier than I ever thought I'd want... It's grey and pink... with grey flowers in the pink. I know, I'm out of my mind. Ms. ANTI-PINK is buying pink. It's just a nice car seat. And it came with a matching stroller... And I wanted it so much, I bought it after talking the store down on price because it was the display stroller. Randy is annoyed with me for spending more than I needed to spend. But the girl deserved something nice... Not just some car seat I found. I'm terrible. I know this. And my post-partum problems are clearly girly issues beyond my standard personality.

Jordan was incredibly alert during her awake times today so she hung out in her play mat a couple of times... Cam crawled up to her and kept saying: "Hi there baby cakes!" So cute.

No comments: