I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

1.23.2006

Rats... We're not there yet.


So I didn't post about it yesterday because I didn't want to jinx myself... But two nights ago, Jordan slept for five and a half straight hours at night. I felt rested yesterday... Very rested. It was great. So I didn't write about it because I wanted to see if she could do it two nights in a row.

Nope.

I got 4 straight hours. I can't really complain about that. But that's an hour and a half less than the night before.

What was the difference? I think it was the bath she got the night before. So I'm going to do a little experiment tonight... And see if a bath before bed puts her to sleep longer. Wouldn't that be cool if that's all I have to do?

Other than that, Jordan had visits from the Cottles and Liz yesterday. She was very social... Gave each of them a little awake time before falling asleep again.

Speaking of falling asleep again. I'm going to try to sleep again before she wakes up. I just send Cam off to school with his Dad. So I'm going to try to sleep before we run off to the benefits office on campus. I think it's time to start becoming friendly with the folks in that office. They'll be hearing from me a lot for the rest of my career at the university.

No comments: