I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.29.2006

Testing out a new tool

On Tuesday, Jordan, her daddy and mommy spent a long, long time at the prosthetic office working on creating a new prosthetic that includes a hand and moves with her body better than the previous chest strap. This one gives her more ability to move, but after we put it to test during today's (Wednesday's) OT appointment, we have more work to do before I'm happy with her mobility.

The tool is also a little too long... But hell, it's a start. I'm not going to complain. And as usual, Jordan was incredibly calm and understanding with her "arm extention" (that's my term) once I got it on her. I'll have to post the pictures of her sleeping in her daddy's arms during yesterday's appointment... It was so sweet. She was exhausted from all of the tinkering of straps. I think we were all kind of spent from it all.

Oh... Today I took Jordan to a presentation I needed to do before her OT appointment. She was fantastic. But anytime someone else held her, she had to be close to me so she could smile at me. In my arms, she cooed, chewed on her feet and fell asleep as I talked to the group. She's so darn flexible. If only that could last forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The extension looks incredible!! She looks like she really enjoy it.

Heather O.