I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.04.2006

Special day for a special girl

Jordan was baptised today... But instead of doing it at church, we did it at a local garden. Our church holds outside service a few times in the summer. So it was pretty special to me. Jordan was introduced to the congregation and I thought it was really sweet to let everyone know how God made her special and a little different than the average kid. For sure, everyone will know who she is! Our minister said some really nice things about Jordan how why she is special. It was nice. I just feel like an outside service is so special. And the fact I got to do that for both kids is even more special.

The really cool thing? Both sets of Jordan's grandparents were there for the ceremony and her Uncle Barry was able to come into town (he took pictures). Plus, my good friend Liz came to the service. It was also really cool of Shelly to come to the service with Camryn and Carter when Gene was out of town. We took some family pictures after the service and then had a great brunch.

So now Grandma and Poppy went home, Uncle Barry is still here along with Grandma and Grandpa. Cam already really messed up his clothes in the sandbox and took a nap. Jordan fell asleep during brunch and is taking a massive nap after this action-packed day.

No comments: