I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.10.2006

Busy day!

Jordan had a REALLY busy day... And I didn't document it well with photos. But I have the stories.

Today she got to go to the pool for the first time -- It was a wading pool so she didn't really get the chance to swim. But she hung onto me for dear life as we followed Cam and his friend Patrick around the pool. The sun was bright and she buried her head into my shoulder. Of course she had sun screen, a hat and sun glasses on. I'm sad that none of my pictures turned out. I'm including the one picture that almost shows her outfit. There will be other times to catch a better glimpse of her in her pool outfit. She fell asleep once while we were at the pool, but not a real good rest. But once we got home, she ate and passed out for 3 hours.

I ended up waking her up and taking her to her first movie - Cars!!!! She met up with her friend Carter (Cam's friend Camryn's 7 month old brother). She was very interested in the action on the screen for a while. It didn't last the entire show... I fed her a lot. I did try to capture some images of her watching the movite -- It was very dark and using a flash is pretty darn rude. By the end of the movie Jordan was ready to go to bed for the night. But she enjoyed her time with Carter. In the middle of the movie, they noticed each other and Jordan just giggled at him. It was so sweet. They held hands. Carter grabbed her bow and tried to rip it off her head. It was very funny.

After we went to the movie, Carter's dad and I lifted the babies up high near a poster for the Cars movie to help document their first movie experience. It was very sweet and I can't wait to get a copy of that picture. Carter's family joined us at our house for dinner. Jordan wasn't very social. She was ready for bed the moment we got home. It was a day full of firsts. Her first pool visit, her first movie and her first dinner party. I think tomorrow we'll do a little less just to even out the balance of this weekend.

No comments: