I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.13.2006

Better day

Jordan slept better at school -- one hour. Not good. But better. She also got to have her morning nap at home this morning - an hour and 40 minutes. So she has to feel better.

I didn't get to put Jordan to bed tonight. I had a dinner to go to. I don't know why one missed bed time got me all sad. I'll live.

I did come home to new wristbands I ordered not long after Jordan was born. They're bracelets that are similar to the Livestrong bracelet. My new ones are white and orange. It says: "Differences Inspire" and "ABS Awareness"
I'm not sure if Jordan's amputation was truly caused by Amniotic Band Syndrome, but either way, I think it's cool to have something on my wrist in her honor. I don't know why.

No comments: