I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.24.2006

Feeling better

After her day of total sleep, Jordan is recovering pretty quickly. She still has a cough, but she has life again in her eyes.

Cam was asking questions about Jordan's arm again today. He asked if her hand was hiding inside her arm. I told him that it wasn't, that she just doesn't have one on that side. He asked if she would grow one, and I told him that wasn't possible. Then he announced that we were going to get her a robot hand. And we might someday. But I told him that she doesn't have to have a robot arm... She will be able to do everything. And if she needs help, hopefully, he can help out. Cam seemed to like that idea and moved on.

You know, we're had Jordan for almost 6 months. I'm totally okay with her difference. I'm used to it and it doesn't surprise me. I'm not uncomfortable or even confused when I look at her. But I wonder how long it takes the average person to stop staring. Here's a beautiful little girl... Oh! And where is her arm? It's kind of hard to get your brain around that. What a wild ride we're on with such a sweet and cuddly little girl.

She's starting to get a little more cranky here and there... it could be because she isn't feeling well. But maybe it's because we're headed into a more hard-core teething period of life. Wish us luck.

No comments: