I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

3.15.2006

"You have a beautiful baby"

It took almost 11 weeks, but today a stranger walked up to me and told me I have a beautiful daughter. I have known this all along. But it was special to hear it from someone who wasn't provoked or even asked to say something to me. I was sitting having lunch with a friend while a woman just wanted to tell me what she thought about Jordan.

It seems like a minor incident for most people. But to me, it was special. No questions about her arm, no strange looks. Just a wonderful comment about my girl.

No comments: