I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

3.07.2006

Busy and fun day

Happy in a new seatJordan and I had a very busy day (after she slept ELEVEN hours last night). I realize a busy day isn't new during my "maternity leave." Anyway. Jordan helped me teach a broadcast 2 class where I explained to the students how to survive their reporter shifts at the station. Jordan fell asleep in my arms at the start and didn't complain that she was hungry until the class was over and I was just talking to a couple of students. After a quick feeding, we met a group of my independent study students at a restaurant. (Jordan enjoyed a meal there) THEN we met my dear friend Liz at a different restaurant. After a wonderful conversation and Jordan got to try another new location to eat... I took her to the Missourian to meet many people there. I didn't hide her... I just showed her sweet little self off for all to see. She was cooed and hugged. I felt safe even around so many strangers. I think I've had so much support from the J-school, I'm just not worried about what people are going to say or do.

I decided to pick up Cam early from school since it seemed silly to take Jordan home for a little while just to hop back into the car to get her brother.

When we got home, we discovered Jordan's newest and coolest gift: A Bumbo. As you can see, she loves it. It's a baby chair that helps little ones sit up on their own before they're ready to really sit up on their own. Jordan was very comfortable in it and I was excited to see she's already able to use it. It says it's for 3 to 14 month old kids.

After that, I sent her off to nap with another feeding. 2 hours later and she's still sleeping. I have a feeling she may be down for the night. If that's the case, I may actually have to force myself to bed early just so I'm not so pooped when I wake up in the middle of the night to feed her.

No comments: