I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

3.06.2006

10 hours and 45 minutes

That's right. Jordan slept for 10 hours and 45 minutes straight last night.

She loves me.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday and the long stretch of sleep really helped. I was so icky feeling, that I had to call a friend and ask her to buy me drugs. (Thanks Lynda!) The good news is the drugs helped.

Today, Jordan got to go to the university's infant cognition lab. She got to stare at a green block moving on a stage. The researchers were trying to see what actions will hold a baby's attention longer. Jordan did a good job, once she stopped staring at her feet. Apparently, those feet were really cool today. So that was fun. You can see the green block in the picture of the lab room. She got to watch the block move back and forth. The researchers say she did a good job. They gave me a CD that holds video of the experience. I'll see if I can freeze a frame of it.

So, when we got back from the lab and a quick grocery run, I got a call from the local rehabilitation clinic in town. I finally got an appointment with the physical therapist who specializes in amputees. I'm thrilled since I've been trying to reach him for the last month. It took me getting an appointment with a PM&R doctor and having him discuss Jordan's case with the other doctor. Any way, I'm thrilled we'll finally get started on PT. I'm also working with a campus clinic to help Jordan get some occupational therapy (OT). I'll go there until we can get a permanent therapist. I'm so glad things are finally rolling in the therapy department. It's the last piece of the puzzle for Jordan's care.

No comments: