I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

3.24.2006

Therapy time = Long nap

Poor Jordan. Now that I have some exercises to work on with her and the request to give her more belly time, Jordan is exhausted. She did not like anything I did to her this morning... It could be the fact that she slept 5 hours before bedtime last night and that threw her sleep schedule off by 40 minutes. It could be the fact that her brother threw a 5:50am tantrum and woke her up early. It could be that she just doesn't like me putting a little arm extension on or placing her on her side to stretch out and placing her on her belly to work on her upper arm strength. She's been asleep for 3 hours at this point... And she's not awake yet.

Hopefully the more we exercise, the longer she can tolerate the activity. I feel bad that we have to get her to exert so much energy, but everything we're doing will help her as she grows. Yesterday, the physical therapist said we need to work really hard now so she doesn't have to when she's older.

Now that I'm working on helping Jordan relax her shoulders... I had never noticed how high she carries them. That's probably why her shirts are always kind of loose up top instead of dropping down onto her shoulders. I thought it was a little strange... But never even thought about the possibility that she was holding her shoulders high. Poor baby. She still looks cute in her "Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner" shirt.

No comments: