I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

3.16.2006

Testing the sleep process

So we're staying at the brother-in-law's house to enjoy the basketball tournament... And that means we're testing the sleep ability of Jordan. Cam never slept well in other houses when he moved into the long-stretch of sleep phase of his baby-hood. So now we'll see how the girl does. She did not like going to bed tonight in a way that wasn't our normal music, low lighting, warm and fuzzy bed time. I tried to recreate it, but it wasn't the same. Oh... And her bassinet is on top of a washer and dryer. Yeah. So she's breathing a light fume of fabric softener all night.

I took her to Babies R Us. I love that store. And I bought more dresses for her. I can't stop. I haven't bought new clothes for myself (other than a few breastfeeding tops) in years. But I can't stop buying kid clothes. It's too sweet and fun.

You know the strangest thing about blogging about your life? When you find out how many people read it. I'd say I get at least 50 hits a day on Jordan's blog. That means there are 50 or fewer people who keep up with my life. And I've noticed that means a lot of my conversations go like this: "You know the other day Jordan did (insert story here)..." The person I'm talking to says: "Oh yeah, I know. I read your blog." It's like I have to have a few side stories that don't make it on the blog so I can have conversations with my friends and acquaintances.

No comments: