I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

2.28.2006

Shot day

Yup. For Jordan's 2 month doctor's appointment, she had to get four shots... And survived. I fed her right afterwards, took her home and fed her some more. Now she's been sleeping for 2 hours trying to sleep off the painful experience. On our way to the doctor's office, Jordan had a monsterous diaper experience. She leaked up her back, down to her foot... through her clothes. It was a mess. It was really gross. I only had three wipes to clean her up with. But because I'm Super Mom, I changed her and had an extra very cute outfit in the diaper bag.

A former student and current friend sent me a little thing from a website called Story people. She thought today's story reminded her of Jordan. Here's the little story:
Perfect Day
It was a day filled with the glow of ordinary things & we passed them quietly from hand to hand for a long time & someone said she had picked a perfect day to be born & I think all of us felt the same.

I think that is so true.

We're visiting the prosthetic company later today. I'm hoping we'll get a step closer to fitting her for a passive prosthetic.

By the way. Jordan is 11 pounds 7 ounces. Imagine what should would have been if she hadn't thrown up for a few days. She's 22 and a half inches tall. And so far, she's hit all of the developmental milestones that she's supposed to hit. Go Jordan!

No comments: