I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.


Another busy newsroom day

I woke up when Jordan woke up this morning... 6:50. Later than I expected... But probably because she only slept every 3 hours last night. Yuck. But hey, it happens sometimes.

Anyway. When I woke up, I had to be at the station in an hour. So in about 40 minutes, I had to get out of the door. That's very fast. But somehow I got Jordan fed and dressed, Cam dressed and fed (thanks to Randy's help) and I even had time to get dressed... No time to make sure I looked okay, but you can only do so much in such little time. I pulled it off.. I was amazed that I could get out the door on time for an 8:00 meeting. I taught a group of students a computer system that they'll need if they report or work on web stories for the newsroom. Jordan slept the whole time.

After that, we returned home, I fed her and we fell asleep for a couple of hours. I would have missed my next training session at the station if today hadn't been the day for the tornado alarm test that goes off at noon once a month. I rushed out of the house again... This time I pumped enough for Jordan to take a bottle at the station.

So today was the day... She actually drank from a bottle. She did a good job. Of the 6 ounces, she drank about 3 and a half. She gagged a little, but she started figuring it out. I know she drinks more with me... And it sucks to throw out anything I've pumped for her. She was a trooper. So I think about the whole bottle thing... It makes us a step closer to her going to daycare. That's kind of sad. I'm already preparing her for leaving me during the day. And she's five weeks old tomorrow!! I don't think I'm mentally ready for that yet!

No comments: