I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

2.28.2006

Fitting coming soon

So I took Jordan to the prosthetic guy. We're working on getting her into a physical therapist this month and at the end of the month, we're going to fit her with a passive prosthetic. With that tool, I'm hoping we'll be able to help her reach the rolling over milestone on time. It usually comes around 4 months. I know babies with 2 arms that hit that milestone later, but I just want to make sure she has the chance to try and hit that milestone on time.

I finished writing my application for that award and Jordan got to go to campus one more time... We also checked out the new Starbucks together. I feel like a creep walking into that store... Like I'm helping kill a local coffee shop. But there's something about Starbucks that tells my brain to drink. Maybe it's that green logo. Maybe it's that caramel macchiato.

No comments: