I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

2.25.2006

Busy days

So in the two days after we got back into town, I've been very busy and Jordan has gone everywhere with me. Yesterday we attended a work meeting for a few hours and then we went to the newsroom. So I obsessively handed out the Purell... So much so, one of the news producers posed Jordan with one of the three bottles that were in my diaper bag. Jordan was very social there... And even got to hang out with a Jordan blog fan: Sarah. Hi Sarah's mom if you're still reading the blog!

After the newsroom, we headed to a university dinner on campus. Jordan had a chance to eat and listen to the president of the university system, Dr. Elson Floyd. She was pretty darn good and didn't cry too much during the event. I guess that went so well, I took her to three hours or so of a conference at a nearby conference center this morning. Once again, she did pretty well. She cried a little during a speaker, but it was a pretty kind group of people and the speaker didn't seem to mind since I fed the girl and she quieted down.

Speaking of being around a bunch of people... I am feeling a lot more comfortable around people I don't really know with Jordan. I introduced her to all kinds of people and I didn't feel wierd about it. No one came out and said: "What's wrong with her?" They just cooed over how cute she is and how good she was during the events. It feels good... I feel so much more comfortable in public with her. It feels good to be at peace with my world. The more I go out, the more comfortable I am with Jordan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, Don't we have beautiful daughters? Thanks, I love reading all about Jordan, and if you ever need a sub grandma, I am here. Patti