I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

8.01.2006

Food

Solids seem to be throwing me for a loop. Jordan doesn't seem to be drinking as much milk as she used to... Or she's getting REALLY efficient when I feed her. It used to take about 15 to 20 minutes and now it only takes 10. I'm fretting that she isn't eatin enough. Randy thinks I'm crazy.

I fed Jordan twice this morning, she ate applesauce and cereal, 6 ounces, 4 ounces, 2 ice cubes of peas (I don't know what size that really is) and then I fed her again before bed. That's 5 milk feedings. That's normal. I'm not sure if that's enough. I called the doctor's office to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.

I don't normally doubt my feeding skills as a Mom. But Jordan is so laid back, I worry that she really won't demand as much as she needs. Her teachers say Jordan knows what she wants. She only eats when she wants to and only eats as much as she will eat. They can't wait her out and get her to eat more. So I really shouldn't be concerned. If she needs more, she'll ask.

Did I mention I'm making my own food for Jordan? I've pureed bananas, sweet potatoes and green peas. I smoosh up avacados. And I'm going to work on getting more creative soon. I promise.

No comments: