I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

8.02.2006

Pretty nails


Happy with a pedicure!
Originally uploaded by Jen Reeves.
When I picked up Jordan from school today, she was sporting her first pedicure. She's wearing a very pretty pink. It was very cute. Her teacher was concerned I'd be unhappy with her new artistic nails. I don't mind at all. I think the last time I really focused on painting my nails was when I got married. I think she looks cute.

Anyway. Today Jordan had an OT appointment with our new therapist. It was so nice to be able to work at home.

I really think that extra travel takes some of her energy away. And she was naturally playing with her own toys in her own environment. We actually got her angry enough to try and move towards a toy while she was on her belly. She kind of pushed with her feet.
Pretty painted nailsI think it was awesome to see. The therapist and I also discussed how Jordan should play with her prosthetic... Even if she isn't wearing it. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before. It's also been interesting to watch Jordan rolling... She's starting to find ways to go from her belly to her back... Although it can't feel good. She kind of gets stuck on her arm at her side and then she pushes through and gets onto her back. She doesn't freak out when she does it. So if it works, I'm not going to stop her. I'm just proud to see her trying to move in one way or another.

No comments: