I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

8.09.2006

She's not a "baby baby" anymore


Eating outside
Originally uploaded by Jen.
I came to this realization just a few days ago. Jordan isn't a little baby... She's an interactive baby. She's becoming a person. She's not just a baby anymore. One of her teachers at school coined it today. She just isn't a "baby baby" anymore. And I'm kind of sad about that.

And at the same time I'm thrilled. Because she's thriving and growing. She's clapping and waving hi and shaking her head when she doesn't want to eat applesauce.

Today she did something I had mourned because I thought she'd never be able to play patty cake. Her teacher Sarah was thrilled to tell me how she played patty cake with Jordan today. I'm so excited. Jordan just claps her arm and got really into it. I'm proud. To think I was sad when she was born. To think I thought she wouldn't figure it out. My girl claps and plays... Just a little different than most. I can't tell you how cute it is when she claps. I promise to catch it on video sometime soon.

My growing up baby is amazing me all the time. And it makes me so damn proud.

No comments: