I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

8.12.2006

Teeth? Are they coming?

Jordan has been painfully chewing on things. She chews so hard, she makes faces like she's in pain. And I've been the victim of some pretty hard chews as well. I took her to the station yesterday to see many reporters and producers who have been begging to see the kids. Poor Jordan was tired and just a bit cranky on the teeth end of the universe.

We also had a prosthetic meeting yesterday. And the prosthetist has decided to try a totally different design to help Jordan get more range of motion. The current one is officially not fitting... Her shoulder has really grown. I'm pleased that we're going to try something that can suspend with fewer or no straps. The prosthetic she was using left a red mark that was a sign it wasn't fitting her arm properly. I'm happy we're going to try another attempt since the first wasn't working that well.

Other than that, our PT was finally given the ability to visit Jordan once a week. So we'll have 2 OT and one PT appointment a week. That will be really great for her. I worry about her shoulder... She uses it way more than a person with a whole arm would. That has to do damage in the long run. And that's why we do this therapy thing.

Oh. Cam was eating lunch while Jordan was eating her cereal and carrots this afternoon. It was so cool. Cam kept talking and cooing to her and she would just flash the biggest smiles. She thinks he is SO cool. I love it.

No comments: