I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

8.03.2006

Lamb blankie is here!

We never found the original blanket, but the two I ordered on Sunday are here. I'm so happy. I grabbed one and gave it to Jordan immediately. I threw the other one into the laundry so she can love that one when she gets home.

So she's alseep and happy. She was doing okay without it. But she went to sleep a little faster with this little pink soft thing back in her life.

Today she did a very sweet thing. This past weekend we were pretty sure she was clapping... She was happily hitting her hand into her arm. When I started copying her, she kept doing it. A while later I clapped my hand into my arm and she copied me. Of course, I haven't been able to get her to do that with anyone other than Randy watching. So today I was commenting on how Jordan has been shaking her head back and forth like she was saying "no." So her teacher started shaking her head. Jordan watched, smiled and started shaking her head too. It was this sweet, subtle shake that made all of us laugh.

Tomorrow is an exciting day. We're planning to meet a family who has a five year old girl who has a congenital amputation similar to Jordan's. We're all going to meet them for lunch -- Including Cam. I discovered this little girl through an online amputee network. They don't live too far away from us. So we're meeting in a town 30 minutes away from here. I'm thrilled to have the chance to meet her and from what her dad says, she's so excited to meet a little girl like her.

No comments: