I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

8.05.2006

Being sweet

My girl loves showing off how she can be sweet. She took a pile of naps and in between her sleep, she smiled and shook her head and did all kinds of things to show how sweet she is. It's awesome to watch her interact with Aunt Jan and Uncle Chuck. She's still obviously dealing with separation anxiety... But she's letting them hold her from time to time.

I also got her down on the floor to work on her ability to move around... She slightly scooted forward to get to a couple of toys and I watched her proudly get ahold of the toys that she wanted so badly.

Other developments of the day. After we all took a hike on a nature trail (Jordan slept through most of that trip), we went to a restaurant. I fed Jordan her avocados and I figured she was a little dehydrated... So I let her take a sip of my water. She drank it so well!! And she wanted more and more and more! It was amazing to see how easily she took to drinking from a cup. I think we might work on that skill. I also let her chew on a french fry. I don't know if that was good or bad, but I could tell she liked being involved in the eating process with the rest of us. I had this sudden realization later tonight that today was just one of the many moments that show how my baby is growing out of the baby phase. I'm already getting nostalgic.

No comments: