I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

8.05.2006

Cool meeting

Today Jordan and Cameron had a chance to meet a really cool little girl who has a similar congenital amputation like Jordan. It was so great to see her do everything I know Jordan can and will do. It was so cool to see Cam hang out with her and never once needed to ask or talk about her arm because that's just who she is. She lives in a county nearby and we found each other through an organization called I-CAN.

I think it's cool Jordan will have someone to look up to as a guide, mentor and really... Just someone to bitch and complain to later when they grow up.

It was also so great to meet parents who know what we're going through. It's a little club that we've joined unwillingly... But with all the love and affection we can give to our daughters.

We also are lucky to have a weekend with my Aunt Jan and Uncle Chuck. They got into town just as the work week ended. They finally got to meet Jordan in person!! We had a great dinner with the kids... Jordan was so happy to show off her wonderful new skill of shaking her head on cue. Cam got to show off his new treehouse to yet another group of people. Hooray!

No comments: