I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.16.2008

It's my fah-mah-wee

We finally made it home. I'm so happy and sad at the same time. Every year, our time in Maine has become a natural constant in our lives. It's a great chance for my little family connect with my side of my family. The kids get to play with my parents and my brother. It's such a constant that my Mom reminded me that I didn't mention them in any of my vacation posts.

Jordan proved our family time was meaningful in a sweet little way when she went to bed. She was reunited with her stuffed animals who live on the top shelf of her bookshelf. She showed me a couple and I asked if she was going to sleep with them and she said yes. I walked away to unpack. I didn't notice she had put all of her animals and dolls into her bed. When we finally walked to her bed I told her there was no way she could sleep with that crowd. And she started crying: "It's my fah-mah-lee! I sleep wit them!" She wanted to sleep with her family. She had spent so much intense family time, she wasn't ready to let go.

She had some very sweet moments with all of our family members over this trip. It's so wonderful to watch her hugging and squeezing and squealing and giggling with my parents and my brother. She was super cute with my dad. She would walk up to him sometimes and say "I a princess." Then my dad would correct her. He considers his daughter (me) his princess. So he'd tell Jordan that she can be the little princess. Jordan was totally cool with that. She was full of snuggles and cuddles for him.

Jordan had all kinds of special time with her Uncle Jon as well. She covered him in sand and he got to show her the joys of burying your feet into the sand. It was cool to watch my brother smile that goofy uncle kind of smile that you don't get to see on his face on a regular basis - Since he doesn't live nearby.

And that's exactly why we all hang out each year. So the kids can play and experience and have a time where it's just natural to hang out with family that isn't normally so close at hand.

We had such a great time. It's going to be hard to get back into the regular swing of things.

No comments: