I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.12.2008

Exploring, demanding and exhausting

We're all winding down our big mega-vacation. Tomorrow is our final day in Maine before we drive home. It's a long 24-hour trip in the car -- which could be even longer with Jordan's constant need to use the bathroom. I'm hoping we can get her toilet training back on track - she's had a few more accidents than before the trip. The good news: She hasn't completely lost her skills. I'm certain that she'll have all of this figured out really soon. There's a little boy next door who is two months older than Jordan and still uses diapers. Randy and I both just look at each other and feel relieved that we're this far through this journey.

Speaking of journeys, Jordan has gone on a few little journeys around the island and around to other nearby spots here in Maine. She's really excited about planes, boats and her iPod. It's terrible, but I've found life on long car drives are just a bit easier with the help of technology. Her audio wrap from ifrogz.com is awesome since she can watch and listen to her podcasts without needing earphones.

Jordan got to hang out with a former student of ours and her boyfriend. They were awesome and put up with all of us. Jordan had fun and gave everyone SO many hugs. It's so funny to watch her moods with these kinds of public displays of affection. One second she's giving away dozens of hugs and kisses, the next second she doesn't want anyone near her. There are so many stories and pictures to post, but I'm exhausted! Maybe I'll try more tomorrow.

No comments: