I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.14.2008

An end to a great vacation

We're wrapping up our first day of driving home from a great vacation. The kids have been pretty tolerant although I think they've just about had enough driving for today. I have to say, the more often we visit Maine, the more thankful I am to have such a beautiful place to visit with my kids. Both Jordan and Cameron seem to have a true enjoyment of the outdoors and beautiful things like the ocean, boats, mountains and the moon. Jordan and I were hunting for the moon last night before it got too dark.

I tried to snag a chance at a family picture yesterday after attempts the day before didn't work because the kids were too tired. I think this one is pretty cool even if the wind was blowing Jordan and my hair.

For Jordan, the highlight of this trip was probably so much Mommy time. She really likes me. She really really likes me. We spent a lot of time cuddling, singing and dancing together. There's a rock near the Maine house that turned into her dance rock. Everything we did ended up becoming a song. There was just a lot of entertainment during this trip. But for her, the best part was probably her constant access to my cuddles and ability to answer to her every beck and call. The down side to it: She wouldn't let anyone else do much. She had a bit of a stranglehold on my attention - screaming anytime she didn't get my attention. If she needed help, she's wait until I did it for her. Or she'd just scream. Not a pleasant habit for me or anyone else who wanted to spend time with her. It certainly a phase I hope ends soon.

Our trip was fun. It was beautiful out the entire time we were in New Hampshire and Maine. We were so lucky. It was so fun to watch my little girl turn more and more into a big girl each and every day. She is turning into a witty and very able little person. She knows what she wants and most of the time, she figures out how to get it. It makes me proud. It makes me tired. It makes me excited to see how she continues to grow!

1 comment:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

Jordan looks so grown up on some pictures and yet the one where you are holding her, she looks so tiny. So fragile and needy.
It is the time when they are learning to be independent, but still need cuddle time with mama!