I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.09.2008

Having all kinds of fun

We've been in Maine for four days. I guess the ocean air has kept me unmotivated and unable to hop onto my computer or cellphone to send pictures or stories. Sorry about that. I've been trying to sift through the hundreds of pictures I took of our camping trip while compiling new ones here in Maine. I actually took the majority of yesterday off from the camera. I needed a break from documenting... even though the kids are so stinking cute in between harassing each other.

While we were camping, I tried to send a few pictures just so family members would know that we're alive. I have a ton of stories to write. Top of it all, she's INCREDIBLY clingy. In between the ultra-independent attitude, she's needed a lot of Mommy. She won't even let her dad let her out of the car. She often runs around the house (or campground or hiking trail or store or where ever) whining: Pick-ah up me! Yeah, she wants me to hold her. And for some reason, instead of saying "Pick up me" she says "Pick-ah up me!" I love spending time with her, but this is a bit much. She wouldn't even let her Uncle Barry carry her in the hiking backpack as we hiked 1.4 miles up a mountain to see the tallest waterfall in New Hampshire (the hard work was TOTALLY worth it). To add to the clingy, we're still potty training. While we were camping, this intense scrutiny was enhanced in two ways: Jordan would cry ever time I made her sit on any type of toilet and most toilets were chemical toilets that smelled bad. It was very challenging to maintain my sanity at times.

In between the challenging stuff, we had amazing times. Jordan has seen and explored so many amazing things. But she's also used me as her base. No matter what, she wants me to protect her, carry her or help her do something. I will do my very best not to complain because very soon she will not want me near her. The funniest thing is sometimes when I ask her if I can help, she'll yell "MY DO IT!" And I can't come near her, but the next second she wants to cuddle on me.

Since we got to Maine, her potty training needs have improved again and we're back on track. On the whole, there are SO many moments where I watch my girl talking, singing, dancing and just being who she is and I just have to stop and watch in wonder. She's SOOO stinking sweet. Even more fun, I just watch the two kids. In between their little squabbles, they are starting to get along. They actually played outside together this morning. The two of them are so alike and SO different at the same time. We've been outside so much - it's everything you want in a vacation. Outside time, lazy time, kid time, playing with pictures online time. This has been very nice.

(by the way, that picture is the official rock picture of the year)

1 comment:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I love the little sundresses she's wearing. Very cute. She looks like she got a bit of a tan while on vacation.
My girls used to say "hold-you, me" when they wanted me to hold them. I miss that cute toddler talk. I am starting to experience it with Eli now that he's learning more words.
Your trip sounds like alot of fun!