I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.23.2007

A new doll

It was an overcast and eventually rainy day today... So after we enjoyed a lazy morning, the girls went shopping. Lucky for Jordan, she got her first real doll. You know: the kind that has a bottle and a pacifier. This one even makes a few sounds. All of it brings total and complete joy to Jordan.

So I spent a ton of time this evening grinning from ear to ear watching Jordan busily carry the baby from here to there. But with all of the watching and paying attention to Jordan, Cam was jealous. He's never said it outloud, but I think he's feeling really left out.

I tried to talk to him about how I totally understand how hard it is to be the older sibling. I've been there and lost out on all kinds of cool stuff. I tried to explain how I was able to give Cam all of my attention when he started doing cool things for the first time... But Jordan has to share my attention. I asked him to let me enjoy Jordan's growth... And to make sure I find time that is JUST Cam and Mommy time.

We can only hope it helps. Most of the day was peppered with Cameron yelling: "Mommy!" "Mommy" "Mommy!" I can only tolerate that with patience for a short amount of time.

No comments: