I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.09.2007

Maybe popcorn is the answer

I watched an amazing thing happen yesterday. My daughter gorged on popcorn. She's didn't just eat a lot... She ate so much that I had to leave the movie to refill the popcorn tub. We took the family to see Ratatouille. It's a really sweet movie... But I don't really think it's the kind of movie that would have engaged Jordan that much. It has a real story line, there isn't that much super-silly stuff in it. It's just a really great story. Fantastic animation. And apparently, AWESOME popcorn.

So after Jordan ate and ate and ate... This morning, the diaper was the most normal I've seen in more than a month. A month! So apparently she needed an obsessive amount of fiber to help clear things up.

I don't really want to jinx things... But I was going to write how it looks like her intestinal issues were improving. After the popcorn incident, I think I'm comfortable to say that she might be okay. I'm still skeptical about returning to dairy products. I'll put that in the wait-and-see category for when her blood test comes back.

Anyway. Along with going to a movie, Jordan got to go to a pool party where she started getting comfortable in the pool with me. She also got to test out her new bike chariot. It will be a fun addition to our outdoor time during our vacation. I did learn that her bike helmet wasn't put on tight enough. Woops. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Patti said...

oh my goodness, she is just so adorable!! :)

we saw ratatouille this weekend, too. fisher fell asleep. :\