I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.11.2007

Fried

Why oh why oh why do I wait to pack until the last minute?

Why?

To make matters more interesting, I took the kids to a birthday party tonight after work. Jordan was already ready for bed when we get there. She was doing pretty well once she noticed there was pizza to eat.

So I've noticed something... And I wonder if I'm a bad parent. I go out of my way to encourage Jordan to move on her own. She walks into and out of school on her own most days. When we are walking in public, I try to get her to walk as much as possible. But she falls down sometimes... And when she falls in the wrong way, she could fall on her face if she isn't wearing her prosthetic. When she falls, I don't gasp, I don't flinch, I may not even spend a lot of time watching her fall. I encourage her to stand up... But I rarely pick her up and cuddle her. It's not that I'm a hard ass, I just want her to be able to get up and go. But it made me think when she took at tumble at the movie theater and a woman gasped. She gasped. Jordan fell and didn't even cry, but she did tumble onto her face. It happens. Maybe I'm just used to it and I don't feel the need to make a big deal.

I'm just not sure.

I do know that I'm blogging instead of packing up a BILLION DVDs to help make our road trip doable.

No comments: