I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.06.2007

Last day

Today is Jordan's last day in the baby side of her school... It has a separate entrance, key pad code... You have to take your shoes off to help keep the floors clean for the crawlers.

On Monday, she moves to the other side of the building with the "big kids."

I'm thrilled for her... But it's a little bittersweet because the women on the "other side" have been so wonderful to Jordan. She's been there since April of last year -- that's a lot of growth and struggle and joy. I've spent so much time with all of them.

I'm extra sad because when they change the key pad code, I won't be able to stop by and say hi. Wah. Growing up is hard to do.

UPDATE: She actually spent most of today in her new room... And she ROCKED it in there! She slept 2 hours and ten minutes during nap, she ate a ton of food during lunch and her teachers said she joined in the fun immediately. There's a view of the big kid playground outside the window -- She had to show that to me. The teachers seem to be really nice and attentive. I know one of them from time she spent teaching dance to Cam's preschool classes. They seem VERY attentive and thrilled to have Jordan there. That's really all I could ask for. Already I can tell how the environment is MUCH more like preschool and less like simple daycare. They have circle time, centers for playtime... A book reading area. It's all very exciting.

Also... Tonight we played in the backyard and she body flopped into the sand box AGAIN. But this time she also tried taking a bite out of the sand... And discovered it doesn't taste really good. I also let her run around the house naked for a while after her bath. She was so happy. She is SO lucky to be the second kid. I would have never allowed Cam a quick visit in a sandbox just due to the mess it comes with... And let him run around naked? Are you kidding me? He could have peed on the floor.

My attitude now: She has to take a bath anyway - why not play in the sand? If she pees on the floor? Oh well, hopefully it won't happen on an area rug.

No comments: