I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

5.29.2007

17 Months Old

Miss Jordan is 17 months old today. I'm so proud of all she's been able to do in the last month! She's walking better every day. Yesterday, she was walking FAST from one spot to the other in our basement. She fell on her face on Sunday and even though she bruised her mouth, she kept going. I tried to capture a sweet moment with her outside of school. She was a bit skeptical with my picture taking efforts... As you can see.

Most mornings, Jordan is willing to hold my hand and walk into school. Lately she's demanded that she gets to walk in and visit Cam's room first. She'll be pretty disappointed in two weeks when he's not around anymore! It will be three years before she gets the chance to go to school with him again! Jordan is excellent at saying hi and bye. This picture is her saying bye to me this morning. She's also picking up fun words. She kept pointing at a doll yesterday saying: "Baby!" She also likes to say "tickletoes" when I start tickling her toes. I usually yell: "Tickle Toes!!" And she repeats after me. Now when I tell that story with her around, she starts tickling her belly to show how she knows how to tickle.

Jordan loves giving high fives! Last night she blew a kiss to her Dad and then required him to high five that kiss that she blew. Pretty cool.

With Jordan's growing enjoyment of walking, she's more independent. She wants to go outside all the time and will cry at the door if she doesn't get what she wants. But she's also able to play a little with her brother. It's fun to watch. Hopefully they'll be able to continue to play and giggle together.

In the month ahead, we're going to work harder on specific signs to help Jordan with her words. I can read her really well, but I'd like to remove some of the screaming and pointing. We're also going to work on walking better and going up and down stairs. It's something she already loves to do at school. The goal is to just get her moving and grooving as best she can! It's exciting. I know we're finally officially moving into "toddler mode." She's getting more independent and I'll be chasing after her soon enough!

No comments: