I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

5.25.2007

Prosthetic action

Jordan is figuring things out. Last Friday I got a voicemail from her occupational therapist telling me how Jordan was figuring out how to really use her prosthetic. Today I got to see the proof. This picture shows Jordan holding a striped tube that you have to hold to put shapes on it. She would actually grab the tube and throw it under her prosthetic arm. She also would hold onto things with both arms to place items onto the floor. It was very cool to watch.

Of course, I'm proud. It's a great feeling.

Later this afternoon, Jordan followed me down a school hallways as I went to pick up Cam from the playground. All of Cam's little friends got excited. Heck, I was excited. This is so fun!

No comments: