I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.03.2006

Wind makes her giggle

Everytime the wind blows, Jordan giggles. She lets out this high pitched laugh. I love it. The wind blew in comfortable puffs today... And I guess it surprised Jordan from time to time and that made her giggle.

We knew today could be one of the best days of the week, so we took her up to our big rock to take her first official picture in Maine. Cam's a pro at it. He's done it five times after today. But Jordan did a darn good job on her own. She sat on the rock with Randy behind her just in case -- Just like Cam's first time. But unlike Cam, she let me take a ton of pictures. Cam's patience wore out with me a lot quicker. Of course, he was also four weeks younger during his first Maine trip.

Jordan is napping pretty well here. She ate cereal and slept through a number of her brother's tantrums. She also went shopping with us during a nice walk on the island... And enjoyed flirting with people. She's gotten to the point where she's squeal at people hoping they'll give her eye contact. It's a lot of fun.

I'm not hiding Jordan in any way when we're out in public. But I'm also not looking around to see if people are staring or whispering. I like it that way. My mom said it right earlier today - Jordan "sparkles." I like that word. You want to stare at her because she has such a beautiful personality. You never notice the arm because you are so enamored by the light in her eyes. And once you see the arm, you're so in love, why question who Jordan is.

No comments: