I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.22.2006

Another cold...

Jordan is fighting another cold. Can you believe it? Poor kid. She's been coughing for a couple of weeks, but today her nose started leaking, her eyes were runny and she had all kinds of sneezes. But in between many naps, she sat in the tree house with Cam and I for a while and we all took a walk to the "jungle." I even had an opportunity to plop Jordan down in front of some flowers and make her smile. Then I even convinced Cam to sit with her and pose a couple of times.

Now Jordan is having a hard time getting to sleep for the night. She's coughing and crying intermittently.

Since Jordan is really figuring out the sitting up thing, I think she's enjoying playing with toys more. It gives her more leverage with her little arm to hold things up into her mouth. Earlier this week, on her official 29 week old birthday, I put her down on the floor in the basement and just left a bunch of toys at her lap while I did the laundry. She sat up and played for about 30 minutes and only fell over twice. By the way, the picture looks like our entire basement is a disaster... And it was, but Cam has picked everything up since then. There appears to be a little more order in our world these days thanks to encouraging Cam to pick up from time to time.

Oh... Another developmental thing: She's really babbling. She babbles to toys, she babbles to us, she babbles just to babble. It's great. So now Randy and I are racing to get her to say Ma Ma or Da Da the fastest. I know Da Da will win, it's so much easier to say... But I'm working on it. So how do we do that? When she's on my lap, I chant "ma ma ma ma ma ma ma." And when she is on Randy's lap, he chants "da da da da da da da." When she's hanging out with both of us at the same time, we battle over who gets the eye contact to keep training her to say Ma Ma or Da Da. It's a silly competition. I think we did the same thing with Cam.

Speaking of Cam. He makes Jordan so dang happy. Tonight, I sat outside with Jordan and fed her before she went to bed while watching Cam play in his treehouse. She kept stopping her final meal of the day to goo and babble every time Cam said something. She is SO into her big brother. No matter how icky she feels, he makes her smile. We did just about anything we could think of outside today. It was wonderful out after a long stretch of painfully hot days. They were so hot, it was hard for me to blog! My brain was too sweaty.

No comments: