I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.29.2006

Seven months!


So big!
Originally uploaded by Jen Reeves.
What a big girl. Jordan turned seven months old today. She enjoyed it by taking a HUGE 3 hour nap. But when she was awake, we spent a lot of time playing with her toys while she sat on the floor in the basement. She is getting so good at that!

Of course, I had to take pictures of her doing all kinds of things... Including my traditional monthly photo shoot. She also had a ball petting the dog and smiling at Cameron and her Dad. She thinks they are SOOOO funny.

The separation stuff is still rearing its ugly head. I left her with Randy while Cam and I went to the grocery store (Cam asked me if Jordan was in trouble since she wasn't coming to the store with us... I told him it was because we were going to have Mommy and Cam time). While Cam and I were shopping, Jordan got really cranky on him... She probably needed a nap. So, when I got back. She nearly passed out before she was done eating. I set her down into bed and she fell right to sleep with the thumb in her mouth.

Petting BubbaShe has really started to move into the next stage of baby -- growing an opinion about the world around her. She really likes me... And it makes me feel special. She's starting to babble. I can even get her to babble into the phone! She even grabs onto it with her hand and little arm and smiles at it. She's amazed by the sound of voices coming from that black flashy thing.

With our new therapist, I'm hoping we can start showing Jordan why it's great to move around and work towards crawling.

No comments: