I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

7.11.2006

Now that was strange

So, the last two nights have been strange. I kept waking up to Jordan crying. It was strange crying... Not her normal kind of cry. So I would get up and check on her and by the time I got to her room, she was already asleep. So last night I decided to just go back to sleep in her room.

Suddenly I hear crying... not in the baby's room. But in my room.

That was creepy. So I go into my room and stand in front of the baby monitor. The crying continues and it sounds like a young baby who is really hungry. When I realize... There are little twins up the street who were born I think exactly 3 months after Jordan. Maybe 4 months. Anyway. I was listening to a baby up the street. Not my daughter.

I switched the channel on my monitor tonight. I hope I get a little better sleep. Jordan ended up waking up an hour after my baby monitor revelation. She's getting hungry earlier in the morning. A sign that I think is her telling me that she's growing and needs more food... and possibly solids. I've given her a little each day... But I think we need to be a little more serious about it. I want to return to the 14 hour sleeping days. Especially when Cam isn't here to wake me up early!!!

No comments: