I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

4.16.2006

Hoppy Easter

Yeah it's a pun. But I dressed my kid up in a cliche on this holiday. I couldn't help it. I didn't have a baby the last time we had a first Easter. (Cam was born the day after Easter and then he was more than one year old when we got to the next year's Easter) So this year I did it up. Jordan got presents from the Easter bunny and she seemed to actually like a couple of them. And of course, I had to buy fuzzy bunny ears to dress her up in. Sure they don't really fit and her head got a bit heavy for her to hold up. But I took pictures anyway.

It was wonderful to be able to show Jordan off to many more family and friends... It's too bad she needed so much sleep. (But she's growing, so I won't complain) She didn't get to be very social yesterday. But the rest of us had a lot of fun being silly. We're headed back to Missouri today. Then Jordan and I get to hang out at Uncle Barry's house for a day and a half. I don't really know what to expect from my trip to Shriners. Some people I've talked to say they can do wonderful things for us, others say they don't do it right. So it will be up to us to decide who is right. I'm just happy to talk to more experts... The more the merrier. I have to say though, her latest arm movements and attention to her arm make me feel like the therapy we're doing at this point is really making a difference.

No comments: