I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

4.01.2006

Busy for the Boy

Jordan has been sleeping non-stop until today. Her last three days at the station were not much more than major stretches of sleep. I can't complain. It gave me time to reconnect with the old job... But she was still with me. I'm including this picture of the little office where she slept. I think it was a pretty nice set-up. It was dark, kind of quiet and cool. She really seemed to enjoy sleeping in there.

Anyway. Today was Jordan's big brother's birthday. She didn't seem to act like it was an unusual day, except she pooped a lot more than most days. (I'm not sure what that means) She joined us during gift opening and the cake... But she stayed home with her grandparents while the rest of us parties at Chuck-E-Cheese. Jordan didn't mind a party hat, for a very short period of time. Juggling her feedings and hosting a big kid party was rough. Taking care of Jordan's needs and not sleeping much so I could decorate for Cam's parties... Not easy. I'm exhausted.

Kids. Isn't it amazing what you'll do for them?

I'm drained from giving every ounce of energy I have for both of them these last few days. I'm not complaining. It's worth it. Not to mention, our house is looking really clean. Another up side of preparing for a big party.

No comments: