I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

5.10.2008

Special Mother's Day Gift

Check this out. It may be one of the sweetest things I've gotten from a school project at Jordan's school. I may have to explain what's going on here. This is a piece of fabric to celebrate Mother's Day... On the right side you can see her hand print. On the left side you can see her little arm print! This is super special because none of her other teachers has ever taken part in a class project where they got Jordan's little arm involved. They usually just repeat the right hand... But her new teachers just painted up that little arm and let her go with it.

I love this gift. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it... But I'm certainly never going to get rid of it.

4 comments:

L said...

Wonderful!

ncg said...

Our daycare did the same thing as well. They weren't sure at first what we would think, but K wanted to do both. She has started calling it her "baby arm." Yesterday she told me that she had two hands just like mommy!

twin power mommy ♥ said...

HOW SWEET IS THAT!?
It reminds me of when i paint the girls' toenails and Caitlyn doesn't have any nails on her "special lily leg" so i just paint her toes as if there were nails.
She likes it and it makes her feel like i am not leaving her lily foot out of the fun!

Niki said...

Oh, I love this! If people/teachers knew that we mothers appreciate this maybe they wouldn't shy away from it!