I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

5.24.2008

Flowers, puddles and dancing

The morning was rainy, really rainy. So rainy that when it finally stopped, the water was running through our driveway as if it was still raining. Jordan was thrilled to enjoy the puddles and blooming flowers outside. We had spent most of the morning playing Wii Fit. It's a lot of fun and I broke a sweat a little here and there.

The highlight of the day: Taking Jordan to a local dance company's recital to watch dancers from the age of three to who knows how old (probably mostly high school). I wanted to see what she thought about the performances. I'm considering a chance to put her in a short summer dance class. It's for three year olds, but I know the teacher and she thinks Jordan would love it. Jordan and I in the front row of the balcony... It gave her room to fidget and a chance for us to escape for a possible potty break. It also gave her room to dance. Oh my did she boogie. It was great. She was so excited every time another group came on stage. I never took to the dancing thing as a kid. It's not my kind of thing, and it might not be interesting to Jordan. But for now, it appears that this is the kind of stuff she likes.

Oh! On items that have nothing to do with Jordan and everything to do with me. I bought a new bike!! With the help of birthday money and saved up funds, I was able to get a new Trek bike. It isn't just a Trek bike, it's a girl Trek bike. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy a girl version or not, but in the end, I just like this design and its features. I've never had a bike with suspension! I can't wait to enjoy my first really long trip down our local bike trails on this puppy! I'm ready to find more excuses to get outside and get healthy. I totally fell off my The Daily Plate diet (although not really a diet, just a mindful lifestyle). So I'm back on TDP and trying to exercise more... even if it's a little exercise like the Wii Fit (which has options to make things sweaty). I'm looking forward to feel a little healthier... As I did a couple of months ago before I started gaining weight back!

1 comment:

Student of Life said...

Wow! What a week for you. I'm pumped for you on the bike and on the potty training! Way to go!

Oh, BTW, I know if I ever have a girl, she will probably be much more girly than me. Of course, that wouldn't be too hard to do since I was such a tomboy (and still am)!