I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

5.02.2008

Big deal change

This morning I found Jordan hanging on for dear life on the top of her crib railing. I realized I can't let her do that again. I can't imagine the chance of her taking a big fall and breaking something.

So... Here we are. I have a little girl sleeping in her crib that was converted into a daybed. This will be a short run - I'll move her to the big girl bed soon enough. But OH MY was she excited to see her "new bed." The whole family went upstairs to admire her bed. She climbed in and just kept falling into her pillow. "My bed! My bed!" We did our regular book, prayer, lullaby sequence and she stayed in bed.

This is what we call our grace period. Jordan hasn't figured out that she can get out of bed by herself yet.

It took her brother (who was 3 months older than Jordan is now when we moved him out of the crib) about five days to figure out he could roam freely. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

twin power mommy ♥ said...

I am very glad that Eli hasn't figured out how to climb his crib. My girls were in their cribs until they were 3. They never tried to climb out, we just figured that at 3 they were probably ready for a big girl bed. Eli has about another 6 months in his crib, i'd say (i hope).
It's just another step that leaves baby-hood behind. Sob, sob! I am in no hurry to move my baby yet.