I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.10.2007

Uncle Barry time

We just got back from visiting with Uncle Barry. Jordan had a ton of fun smiling and playing and watching all of the dogs barking in the neighborhood.

A couple of funny stories during the trip:
About ten minutes into the visit, I went outside to get the diapers and bags out of the car. I heard Jordan crying in the house and figured she was just mad I wasn't there. When I get in, everyone appeared to be in crisis mode. It turns out Jordan was crying because she got into a pan of paint. She had paint on her legs and on her arms... But it hasn't made it to the face or hair before she was rescued. No harm done other than forgetting to bring the painted clothing home.

Jordan spent time on a school playground with Cam and Uncle Barry while I took pictures. She wanted to climb and climb and climb. There was also a ramp that was on an incline that challenged her. She would go up and down and up and down and up and down. By the time we left, she could walk up the incline without using the railing. She could get about halfway down before reaching for the railing. She is braver than ever before.

Jordan has one pair of shoes that keep her ankles steady when she walks. I've really wanted to get her sandals as well. So I took her to my favorite kiddie shoe store. We found a sweet pair of sandals that have a bit of ankle support. The employee handed me the sample shoe and Jordan immediately reached out to see it. She grabbed it and started trying to put it on. She loved that shoe. She hated having her feet measured. But once we put that sandal on, she was sooooo happy. It turns out she wears a size 5, but her trainer shoe that's a 4 still fits for a little while longer. So after we bought her new sandals, she kept lifting her feet up to check out her shiny new shoes. She LOVES them. She'd giggle and stare at her feet. I swear I didn't teach her to like shoes. It's just a natural love. It's amazing. It was so sweet. When we got back to Uncle Barry's house, she would lift her foot up to show off the shoe. Hilarious stuff.

No comments: