I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.08.2007

Two different schools

I'm trying to get my brain around the concept that Jordan will be my only child in daycare. She's going to move up to the "other side" of the building in a month or two. That alone is more proof that my "baby" is growing up. Logically, I know she's a toddler. I know she has strong opinions, many words and fits pretty well in 18 month old clothing. Those are all signs about how big she is.

I actually stood in line to get into a clothing resale shop tonight to buy a few 2T outfits for the fall and winter. I figured filling a $5 bag full of resale clothes couldn't hurt. I passed up an outfit because it looked too tall. Complete denial of my child's continuing growth.

Is that a bad thing?

Other signs of growth. Jordan is trying really hard to climb stuff. Without her arm on, she tries to get up the ladder that gets you to the top of our treehouse/swingset in the backyard. She likes going down our tall and fast slide (with me guiding her down a bit slower).

Something bad happened to Jordan's prosthetic arm. It doesn't work at all and the on/off switch is kind of pushed into the arm. I'm pretty bummed since I was able to get new straps to help hold it up better onto her arm. I was hoping that would help trigger the hand to open and close more. Alas. Not yet.

1 comment:

L said...

That's too bad. Send it in. Get a receipt and DON"T insure it. They'll get it back to you at the speed of light. Good Luck.