I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.27.2007

Dang it


My girl
Originally uploaded by NerdyMom
So I had kind of hoped Jordan had a parasite so we had an answer to her health issues. No luck. Her kind doctor emailed the results to me tonight as I asked for more ideas on how to stop these ickies. Her diaper messes got worse today. It's just exhausting and stinky. I can only hope that this is because of her teeth and it will end when those final six pop through. She is 18 months. They should be here any day now! Shouldn't they?

Along with that, I think she's growing out of her prosthetic. She got it 8 months ago and it doesn't seem to fit right. Her arm looks a little folded when you take it out of it. I'm going to try and get a picture of that "fold" so the prosthetic company can see the challenge. They may be able to grind out some more space for the prosthetic so Jordan can feel more comfortable.

Along with that, I talked to Jordan's physical therapist today... And the sweet sandals that Jordan loves... aren't helping Jordan's legs. Apparently they're bowing out because Jordan still isn't walking with her feet flat. So she needs lifts... And it's hard to get a lift to work with sandals. Poor baby. So I have to get leather shoes that fit... and if we can get the state program to pay for it, we could get a plastic mold for Jordan's feet in the sandals. For now, I'm going to have to find size 5 leather shoes. I just bought her canvas, but I was told leather is the best way to truly hold her feet in place. Dang it. Nothing is easy. I know we should count our blessings. She's incredible and we're lucky to just deal with these kind of challenges. But dang it. Why can't my little girl who LOVES shoes just wear the shoes she loves? I know it's a bigger deal to me than to her. But the little things like that... It just sucks.

But she's walking. She's walking A LOT. And she has no fear. And I am so damned proud of her.

No comments: