I decided to start blogging about Jordan from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Jordan was born with a little arm that didn't grow like most babies. Her left arm stopped just above the elbow. Now I'm committed to making sure Jordan gets everything out of life. We feel blessed to be the parents of a very special little girl.

6.24.2007

Fun in the sun

Fun and exiting weekend for Miss Jordan. She got to play in water, with bubbles and we restocked the sandbox... So she went CRAZY with that.

Unfortunately, she also learned that throwing sand with her brother leads to a very unhappy bathtub experience. It may take days to be sure I actually get all of the sand out.

She had a ball though. Her grandparents were in town so she had more people to kiss and flirt with. And the words! Oh my gosh the words. I discovered this weekend that she knows the word 'bubbles' and 'MINE' and she can sing "row row row..." when you sing Row Row Row Your Boat. She rocks back and forth and sings "row row row!" It's adorable. She's never joined in on singing a song with me before. I love it. I swear she's trying to repeat sentences like "I love you" and "I'm going to get you." It's fun. The hard part: She's starting to get into little battles with her brother. As her grandparents and I said today: It's ON. The challenge of brother versus sister is ON. Heck, Jordan was telling Bubba the dog that the toy he was sniffing was "MINE!"

Yesterday I had this awesome moment. I was smiling and enjoying the day to my inner core. Suddenly I had to think about what day it was... I had this amazing and peaceful realization that it was Saturday. We had one more day to play. I was so excited that I grabbed Randy to set up our big tent in the backyard. We slept out in the backyard with Cam while Jordan and her grandparents slept inside. We'll experiment with Jordan camping when we actually get to the campgrounds. It'll be great -- Maybe not a lot of sleep, but it will be great!

No comments: